ON THE OF INTELLIGENT TECHNOLOGIES FOR COMPUTER NETWORK MONITORING
In the paper some issues of intelligent use for computer network monitoring, which are very important additions to the network monitoring system are reflected. Namely problems of the use of mobile agents in monitoring and management systems, as well as application of machine learning methods for network traffic classification are considered. (p. 82-90)
- W.Stallings, SNMP, SNMPv2 and CMIP: the practical guide to network management standards, Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1993, 512 p.
- E.H.Mamdani, R.Smith and J.Callaghan, The Management of Telecommunication Networks, Ellis Horwood Limited, 1993, 260 p.
- U.Warrier, and L.Besaw, The Common Management Information Services and Protocols over TCP/IP (CMOT) RFC 1 095. http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1095
- Y.Yemini, The OSI network management model, IEEE communication, May 1993, pp. 20-28.
- M.Dalmeijer, D.K. Hammer, A.T.M. Aerts, Mobile software agents, Computer in Industry 41 (2000), pp. 251-260.
- S.Makki, Subbarao V. Wunnava, Application of Mobile Agents in Managing the Traffic in the Network and Improving the Reliability and Quality of Service, IAENG International Journal of Computer Science, 32:4, IJCS_32_4_16
- F.Hohl. A Model of Attacks of Malicious Hosts Against Mobile Agents. In Proceedings of the ECOOP Workshop on Distributed Object Security and 4th Workshop on Mobile Object Systems: Secure Internet Mobile Computations, INRIA, France, 1998, pp. 105-120.
- F.Hohl. Time Limited Blackbox Security: Protecting Mobile Agents From Malicious Hosts. In Mobile Agents and Security, LNCS 1419, Springer-Verlag, 1998, pp. 92–113.
- A.Sahai, and C.Morin, Towards Distributed and Dynamic Network Management, Proceedings of the 1998 IEEE Network Operations and Management Symposium, New Orleans, USA, February 1998, vol. 2, pp. 455-464.
- A.Puliafito and O.Tomarchio, Using Mobile Agents to Implement Flexible Network Management Strategies, Computer Communication Journal, vol. 23(8), April 2000, pp. 708-719.
- D.Milojicic, M.Breugst, I.Busse, J.Campbell, S.Covaci, et al. MASIF: The OMG Mobile Agent System Interoperability Facility. In Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Mobile Agents), , Stuttgart, Germany, 1998, pp. 50–67.
- M.K.Kona, and C-Z. Xu, A Framework for Network Management Using Mobile Agents, Proceedings of the 16th International Parallel and Distributed Processing Symposium, p.7, April 15-19, 2002
- D.Gavalas, D.Greenwood, M.Ghanbari, M.O’Mabony, Advanced Network Monitoring Applications Based on Mobile/Intelligent Agent Technology, Computer Communications Journal, vol. 23, no. 8, April 2000, pp. 720-730.
- T.Karagiannis, A.Broido, N.Brownlee, and K.Claffy, Is P2P dying or just hiding? in Proceedings of the 47th annual IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference (Globecom 2004), Dallas, Texas, USA, November/December 2004, vol. 3, pp. 1532-1538,
- B.Silver, Netman: A learning network trafﬁc controller, in Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artiﬁcial Intelligence and Expert Systems, Association for Computing Machinery, 1990, vol. 2, pp. 923 – 931.
- J.Frank, Machine learning and intrusion detection: Current and future directions, In Proceedings of the National 17th Computer Security Conference, Washington, D.C., October 1994, pp. 22-33.
- I.Witten and E.Frank, Data Mining: Practical Machine Learning Tools and Techniques with Java Implementations (Second Edition). Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, 2005, 371 p.
- A. Moore and D.Zuev, Internet trafﬁc classiﬁcation using Bayesian analysis techniques, in ACM International Conference on Measurement and Modeling of Computer Systems (SIGMETRICS) 2005, Banff, Alberta, Canada, June 2005, pp. 50 – 60.