A MOBILE MULTI-AGENT-BASED CONCEPTUAL ARCHITECTURE FOR THE INTELLIGENT MONITORING OF COMPUTER NETWORKS
The article focusses on the development of a conceptual architecture for intelligent monitoring of computer networks (CN). Mobile multi-agents are used, each of which monitors the individual components of the CN such as network equipment, connections, traffic, services and users. This architecture can extend the coverage of the monitoring system and ensure the completeness of monitoring data. Also, the architecture is easily scalable if required to monitor the new components (pp. 59-64).
- Shikhaliyev R.G. On the use of intelligent technologies to monitor computer networks // Artificial Intelligence, 2011, No1, pp. 124-132.
- Gavalas D., Greenwood D., Ghanbari M.and O’Mahony M. Hierarchical network management: A scalable and dynamic mobile agent-based approach // Computer Networks, 2002, vol. 38, no. 6, pp. 693–711.
- Ambika M., Nataraj R.V. Architecture for Real Time Monitoring and Modeling of Network Behavior for Enhanced Security // International Journal of Computer Applications, 2013, vol. 64, no.8, pp. 21–25.
- Phipps A. Network performance monitoring architecture. Technical Report EGEE-JRA4-TEC-606702-NPM NMWG Model Design, JRA4 Design Team, September 2005.
- Shirazi N.H., Schaeffer-Filho A., Hutchison D. Service Level Agreement Monitoring for Resilience in Computer Networks / 13th Annual Post Graduate Symposium on The Convergence of Telecommunications, Networking and Broadcasting. Liverpool: Liverpool John Moores University, 2012.
- Ciuffoletti, A., Marchetti, Y., Papadogiannakis A., and Polychronakis M. Prototype implementation of a demand driven network monitoring architecture / Grid Computing – Achievements and Prospects. Springer, 2008, pp.85–97.
- Liotta A., Pavlou G., Knight G. Exploiting Agent Mobility for Large Scale Network Monitoring // IEEE Network, Special Issue on Applicability of Mobile Agents to Telecommunications, 2002, vol. 16, no. 3, pp. 7–15.
- Dressler F., Carle G. HISTORY – High Speed Network Monitoring and Analysis / Proceedings of 24th IEEE Conference on Computer Communications, Poster Session, Miami, FL, USA, Mar. 2005.
- Han S-H., Kim M-S., Ju H-T., and James Won-Ki Hong. The Architecture of NG-MON: A Passive Network Monitoring System for High-Speed IP Networks, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2002, vol. 2506, pp. 16–27.
- Liotta A. and Pavlou G. Exploiting agent mobility for large-scale network monitoring // IEEE Network, 2002, vol. 16 no. 3, pp. 7–15.
- Nguyen N. T. et al. A Multi-agent System for Computer Network Security Monitoring / Proceedings of the 2nd KES International Symposium on Agent and Multi-Agent Systems: Technologies and Applications, 2008, pp.842–849.