DETERMINATION OF QoS METRICS IN SENSOR NODES WITH BUFFER AND SINGLE MULTIMEDIA CLASSES
In this paper, we proposed QoS metrics determining queue/buffering management of single multimedia traffic class in the system with two servers. Given three QoS models illustrate clear picture of how system specification should be chosen in order to decrease data loss. Based on the proposed model we can handle arrival packet in the buffer in order to reduce packet loss. It is the main benefit of the proposed model. According to probability of blocking in buffer and average waiting time in the system we can determine buffer size. Undesirable situation of system – blocking state also can be reduced by determining buffer size, arrival and service intensities. (pp. 51-60)
- Akyildiz I., Su W., Sankarasubramaniam Y. and Cayirci E. Wireless sensor networks: A survey // Computer Networks, 2002, vol. 38, No. 4, pp.393–422.
- Abed A., Alkhatib A. and Baicher G.S. An overview of wireless sensor networks / International Conference on Computer Networks and Communication Systems, IPCSIT, 2012, vol.35.
- Berder O. and Sentieys O. PowWow: Energy-Efficient HW/SW Techniques for Wireless Sensor Networks // Proceedings of the Workshop on Ultra-Low Power Sensor Networks, 2010, pp.229–233.
- Akyildiz I.F., Melodia T., and Chowdhury K.R. A survey on wireless multimedia sensor networks // Computer Networks, 2007, vol. 51, pp. 921–960.
- Chiasserini C. and Magli E. Energy Consumption and Image Quality in Wireless Video-Surveillance Networks / Proceedings of 13th IEEE International Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), September, 2006, pp.2357–2361.
- Khan S.A., Arshad S.A. QoS Provisioning Using Hybrid FSO-RF Based Hierarchical Model for Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks // International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, 2009, vol. 4, No.1 & 2.
- Magli E., Mancin M., and Merello L. Low-Complexity Video Compression for Wireless Sensor Networks / Proc. ICME July 2003, vol. 3, pp.585-588.
- Qiu T., Xia F., Lin F., Wu G., Jin B. Queueing Theory-Based Path Delay Analysis Of Wireless Sensor Networks // Advances in Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2011, vol. 11, no. 2, 3–8.
- Escheikh M., Barkaoui K. Opportunistic MAC Layer Design with Stochastic Petri Nets for Multimedia Ad Hoc Networks // Concurrency Computation Practice and Experience, 2010, vol. 22, no. 10, pp.1308–1324.
- Andriansyah R., Woensel T.V. and Cruz F.R. Performance Optimization of Open Zero-Buffer Multi-Server Queueing Networks // Computers and Operations Research, 2010, vol.37, no.8, pp.1472–1487.
- Sohraby K., Minoli D. and Znati T. Wireless sensor networks: technology, protocols, and applications // John Wiley and Sons, 2007, pp.203–209.