EVALUATION OF TWO QoS SUPPORT ALGORITHMS IN AD HOC NETWORKS ENTITLED PA AND QPART
Today, support of quality of service in ad hoc networks is the topical issue among the network science researchers. Several different algorithms and methods were proposed to differentiate among the existing flows in ad hoc networks and support of quality of service (QoS) in such networks. In this research we are going to evaluate the performances of PA (the authors of this paper have proposed the PA algorithm) and QPART algorithms in different conditions. These two algorithms are able to support quality of service in ad hoc networks. It should be noted that we have used ns-2 simulator software to compare these two algorithms. (pp. 27-34)
- Lee S., Ahn G.-S., Zhang X., and Campbell A.T. INSIGNIA: An IP-Based Quality of Service Framework for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks // Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, Special issue on Wireless and Mobile Computing and Communications, 2000, vol.60, pp.374–406.
- Ahn G.-S., Campbell A., Veres A., and Sun L.-H.. Supporting Service Differentiation for Real-Time and Best-Effort Traffic in Stateless Wireless Ad Hoc Networks (SWAN) // IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2002, vol.1, pp.192–207.
- Chen S. and Nahrstedt K. Distributed Quality-of-Service Routing in Ad-Hoc Networks // IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, 1999, vol.17, pp.1454–1465.
- Chen T., Gerla M., and Tsai J. QoS Routing Performance in a Multi-hop, Wireless Network / In Proceedings of the IEEE ICUPC’97, San Diego, 1997, pp.557–561.
- Sinha P., Sivakumar R., and Bharghavan V. CEDAR: A Core-Extraction Distributed Ad Hoc Routing Algorithm / In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), New York, 1999, pp.202–209.
- Ada I. and Castelluccia C. Differentiation Mechanisms for IEEE 802.11 / In Proceedings of the IEEE Conference on Computer Communications (INFOCOM), Alaska, 2001, 209–218.
- Cal´i F., Conti M., and Gregori E.. Tuning of the IEEE 802.11 Protocol to Achieve a Theoretical Throughput Limit // IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking, 2000, vol.8, pp.785–799.
- Ho T.S. and Chen K.C. Performance Evaluation and Enhancement of CSMA/CA MAC Protocol for 802.11 Wireless LANs // In Proceedings of the IEEE PIMRC, Taiwan, 1996, pp.535–547.
- Kim H. and Hou J.C. Improving Protocol Capacity with Model-based Frame Scheduling in IEEE 802.11-operated WLANs / In Proceedings of the Ninth Annual International Conference on Mobile Computing and Networking (Mobi COM’03), San Diego, 2003, pp.190 – 204.
- Rozovsky R. and Kumar P. A MAC Protocol for Ad Hoc Networks / In Proceedings of the -ACM International Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking and Computing (MobiHoc’01), Long Beach, CA, 2001, pp.67–75.
- Veres A., Campbell A.T., Barry M., and Sun L.-H. Supporting Service Differentiation in Wireless Packet Networks Using Control // IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications, 2001, vol.19, pp.2081–2093.
- Yang Distributed QoS guarantees for real-time traffic in ad hoc networks. Sensor and Ad Hoc Communications and Networks, 2004, USA, pp.118–127.
- HosseiniNazhad S.H., Alguliev R.M. Light Weight Distributed QoS Adapter in Large-Scale Ad hoc Networks // Journal of American Science, 2011, vol.7, pp.1244–1251.