ANALYSIS OF SYNTHESIS PROBLEMS OF WIRELESS SENSOR NETWORKS
In the article capabilities, technical limitations and architerture of wireless sensor networks as a special type of “Ad-hoc” networks composed of a set of small nodes are stated. Various program software and technical aspects for building of wireless sensor networks that are able to sense environment with the special aim of processing and store of information are researched. Problems emerging at the processing and creation of the wireless sensor networks are analized, main tasks for the solution of the listed problems have been put forward. (p. 98-104)
Keywords: Wireless sensor network, Ad-hoc networks, technical limitations of wireless sensor networks.
- Nishimura C. E. and Conlon D. M., "IUSS Dual Use: Monitoring Whales and Earthquakes Using SOSUS", in: Proceedings of the Mar. Tech., Soc. Journal, 1994,Vol. 27, No. 4, pp. 13–21.
- Hill J. and Culler D., “Mica: A wireless platform for deeply embedded networks”, in: Proceedings of the IEEE Micro., 2002, Vol. 22, no. 6, pp. 12–24.
- Akyildiz I. F., Su W., Sankarasubramaniam Y. and Cayircl E., “A survey on sensor networks”, in: Proceedings of the IEEE Communication Magazine, August 2002, Vol. 40, pp. 102-114.
- Ilyas M. and Mahgoub I., "Handbook of Sensor Networks: Compact Wireless and Wired Sensing Systems", in: Proceedings of the CRC Press, London, Washington, D.C., 2005.
- Goldsmith A.J. and Wicker S.B., “Design challenges for energy-constrained ad hoc wireless networks”, in: Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Commun, August 2002, 8–27.
- Al-Karaki J.N. and Kamal A.E., ”Routing techniques in wireless sensor networks: a survey”. in: Proceedings of the IEEE Wireless Communications, 2004, Vol. 11, 6–28.
- Janakiram D., Venkateswarlu R. and Nitin S., ”A survey on programming languages, middleware and applications in wireless sensor networks”, in: Proceedings of the IITM-CSE-DOS-2005-04, 2005.
- Estrin D., “Embedded Everywhere: A research agenda for network systems of embedded computers”, in: Proceedings of the National Academy Press, 2001, Computer Science and Telecommunication Board (CSTB) Report, 2001.
- Kahn J.M., Katz R.H. and Pister K.S.J., “Next century challenges: mobile networking for smart dust”, in: Proceedings of the ACM MobiCom 99, Washington, USA, 2000, pp. 271–278.