EXPERIMENTAL EVALUATION OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS AND THEIR CENTRALITIES IN MOBILE SOCIAL NETWORK
We collected required social information about a group of undergraduate students in university from their mobile social network for preparation the social graph and their centralities. Their educational performance compared with four centralities in order to evaluate the relation between educational performance and social centralities. Finally the correlation coefficients were calculated and discussed. (p. 16-23)
- Bavelas A., Communication patterns in problem-solving groups. Department of Economic and Social Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1950. grace.evergreen.edu/~arunc/texts/cybernetics
- Calvó-Armengol A., Patacchini E., Zenou Y., Peer effects and social networks in education // Review of Economic Studies, 2009, v.76, no.10, pp. 1239-1267.
- Yang H.-L., Tang J.-H., Effects of social network on student’s performance: a web-based forum study in Taiwan // Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 2003, v.7, no.3, pp.93-107.
- Zhang Y., Rajabzadeh , and Lauterbach R., Student network centrality and academic performance: evidence from united nations university. UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series, 2009, no.034, 31 p., http://www.merit.unu.edu/publications/wppdf/2009/wp2009-034.pdf
- International Telecommunication Union: www.itu.int
- Borgatti S.P., Everett M.G., and Freeman L.C. Ucinet for Windows: software for social network analysis. Harvard, MA: Analytic Technologies, 2002.
- Bonacich S.P., Power and centrality: a family of measures // The American Journal of Sociology, 1987, v.92, no.5, pp. 1170-1182.
- Borgatti S.P. NetDraw: Graph visualization software. Harvard: Analytic Technologies, 2002.
- Sabidussi G., The centrality index of a graph // Psychometrika, 1966, v.31, no.4, pp. 581-603.
- Newman M.E.J., The mathematics of networks.
http://www-personal.umich. Edu /~mejn /papers/palgrave.pdf