CENTRAL SYMMETRY PROPERTIES FOR DIAGONAL LATIN SQUARES
Latin squares and diagonal Latin squares are well known combinatorial objects connected with specific open mathematical problems. Most famous of them is the problem of existing triple of mutually orthogonal (diagonal) Latin squares of order 10 that are not proven or disproven at this moment. Best approximations of it is connected with symmetries (automorphisms) under Latin squares. Pseudo triple of diagonal Latin squares with world record 274 orthogonality characteristics is based on square with horizontal (plane) symmetry and it is shown that these characteristics can’t be improved with this type of symmetry. In this work, we introduce a definition of different type of symmetry – the central symmetry for diagonal Latin squares and show the corresponding mathematical relations between the cells of the Latin square. Moreover, we describe the properties of the new symmetry and perform enumeration of corresponding squares of order 9 at most (pp.3-8).
- Colbourn C.J., Dinitz J.H. Handbook of Combinatorial Designs, Second Edition. Chapman & Hall/CRC, 2006, 1016 p.
- Wanless I.M. Transversals in Latin Squares: A Survey // arXiv:0903.5142 [math.CO], 2009. 35 p.
- Bammel S.E., Rothstein J. The number of 9x9 Latin squares // Discrete Math., 1975, vol.11, pp.93–95.
- Brown J.W. Enumeration of Latin squares with application to order 8 // Journal of Combinational Theory, 1968, vol.5, issue 2, pp.177–184.
- Kochemazov S.E., Vatutin E.I., Zaikin O.S. Fast Algorithm for Enumerating Diagonal Latin Squares of Small Order // arXiv:1709.02599 [math.CO], 2017.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S. Applying Volunteer and Parallel Computing for Enumerating Diagonal Latin Squares of Order 9 / International conference Parallel Computational Technologies (PCT 2017). Communications in Computer and Information Science, vol.753, pp.114–129. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-67035-5\_9.
- Vatutin E.I., Zaikin O.S., Zhuravlev A.D., Manzyuk M.O., Kochemazov S.E., Titov V.S. Using grid systems for enumerating combinatorial objects on example of diagonal Latin squares / CEUR Workshop proceedings. Selected Papers of the 7th International Conference Distributed Computing and Grid-technologies in Science and Education, 2017, vol.1787, pp. 486–490.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S., Valyaev S.Yu. Enumerating the Transversals for Diagonal Latin Squares of Small Order // CEUR Workshop Proceedings. Proceedings of the Third International Conference BOINC-based High Performance Computing: Fundamental Research and Development (BOINC:FAST 2017). Vol. 1973. Technical University of Aachen, Germany, 2017, pp. 6–14. urn:nbn:de:0074-1973-0.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S., Valyaev S.Yu. Using Volunteer Computing to Study Some Features of Diagonal Latin Squares // Open Engineering, vol.7, no.1. 2017, pp. 453–460. DOI: 10.1515/eng-2017-0052.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S. On Some Features of Symmetric Diagonal Latin Squares / CEUR WS, 2017,vol.1940, pp.74–79.
- Egan J., Wanless I.M. Enumeration of MOLS of small order // Mathematics of Computation, vol.85, 2016, pp.799–824.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S., Manzyuk M.O., Titov V.S. Combinatorial characteristics estimating for pairs of orthogonal diagonal Latin squares (in Russian) // Multicore processors, parallel programming, FPGA, signal processing systems. Barnaul: Altay State University, 2017, pp.104–111.
- Zaikin O., Zhuravlev A., Kochemazov S., Vatutin E. On the Construction of Triples of Diagonal Latin Squares of Order 10 // Electronic Notes in Discrete Mathematics, vol. 54C. 2016, pp.307–312. DOI: 10.1016/j.endm.2016.09.053.
- Vatutin E.I., Kochemazov S.E., Zaikin O.S., Titov V.S. Investigation of symmetric diagonal Latin squares properties. Correction work (in Russian) // Intellectual and information systems (Intellect – 2017). Tula, 2017, pp.30–36.
- Brown J.W., Cherry F., Most L., Most M., Parker E.T., Wallis W.D. Completion of the spectrum of orthogonal diagonal Latin squares // Lecture notes in pure and applied mathematics, 1992, vol.139, pp.43–49.
- Anderson D.P., Fedak G. The Computational and Storage Potential of Volunteer Computing / Sixth IEEE International Symposium on Cluster Computing and the Grid (CCGrid 2006), 16-19 May 2006, Singapore. pp.73–80.
- Vatutin E.I., Titov V.S., Zaikin O.S., Kochemazov S.E., Manzyuk M.O. Analysis of combinatorial structures on the orthogonality relation set of diagonal Latin squares of order 10 (in Russian) // Information technologies and mathematical modeling of systems. Moscow, Design Informational Technology Center of the RAS, 2017, pp.167–170.
- Vatutin E.I., Titov V.S., Zaikin O.S., Zhuravlev A.D., Manzyuk M.O., Kochemazov S.E., Fedorov S.S. Program for recurrent enumerating of diagonal Latin squares of selected order using brute force approach and its modifications (in Russian). Certificate of official registration of the computer software No. 2016662287 from 07.11.16.
- Vatutin E.I., Zaikin O.S., Zhuravlev A.D., Manzyuk M.O., Kochemazov S.E., Titov V.S. The effect of filling cells order to the rate of generation of diagonal Latin squares (in Russian) // Information-measuring and diagnosing control systems (Diagnostics – 2016). Kursk: SWSU, 2016, pp.33–39.
- Sloanne N.J.A. Online Encyclopedia of Integer Sequences. URL: http://oeis.org