FAKE STATEMENTS DETECTION WITH ENSEMBLE OF MACHINE LEARNING ALGORITHMS
The paper is devoted to an attempt of classifying statements made by public figures as true or false (fake). It is suggested to use number of different machine learning techniques for that and uniting them to a single system (ensemble) which predicts probability that given statement is true or not and performs the appropriate classification (pp.48-52).
- Granik M., Mesyura V. Fake news detection using naive Bayes classifier / 2017 IEEE First Ukraine Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (UKRCON), Kiev, 2017, pp.900–903.
- Metz C. The bittersweet sweepstakes to build an AI that destroys fake news www.wired.com/2016/12/bittersweet-sweepstakes-build-ai-destroys-fake-news/
- Fake news RAMP: classify statements of public figures. www.ramp.studio/problems/fake_news
- The Principles of the Truth-O-Meter: PolitiFact’s methodology for independent fact-checking. www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2018/feb/12/principles-truth-o-meter-politifacts-methodology-i/. Accessed Mar. 24, 2018.
- Granik M., Mesyura V., Yarovyi A. Determining fake statements made by public figures by means of artificial intelligence / XIII International Scientific and Technical Conference “Computer Science and Information Technologies”, Lviv, Ukraine, 2018 (unpublished)
- Rajaraman A., Ullman J. D. Data Mining. http://i.stanford.edu/~ullman/mmds/ch1.pdf. Accessed Mar. 24, 2018.
- Stemming and lemmatization. https://nlp.stanford.edu/IR-book/html/htmledition/stemming-and-lemmatization-1.html.
- Sparck J.K. A Statistical Interpretation of Term Specificity and Its Application in Retrieval // Journal of Documentation, 1972, vol 28, pp.11–21.
- Kowsari K., Heidarysafa M., Brown D., Meimandi J.K., Barnes L.E. RMDL: Random Multimodel Deep Learning for Classification // arXiv.org e-Print archive. rXiv:1805.01890 Freely accessible. 2018.
- Yarovyi A., Timchenko L., et al. Parallel-hierarchical processing and classification of laser beam profile images based on the GPU-oriented architecture / Proc. SPIE 10445, Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High Energy Physics Experiments 2017, 104450R. doi: 10.1117/12.2280975
- Timchenko L., Yarovyi A., et al. The method of parallel-hierarchical transformation for rapid recognition of dynamic images using GPGPU technology / Proc. SPIE 10031, Photonics Applications in Astronomy, Communications, Industry, and High-Energy Physics Experiments 2016, 1003155. doi: 10.1117/12.2249352