E-UNIVERSITY: CONCEPTUAL, TECHNOLOGICAL AND ARCHITECTURAL APPROACHES
In the context of the modern educational paradigm “lifelong learning”, we consider the global processes taking place in the world. The paper explores conceptual approaches to the design of electronic universities. It presents a comparative analysis of the characteristics of distance technologies and the models of electronic education through the prism of the evolution of ICT. Taking into account the educational environments of different countries, the paper provides appropriate architectural solutions for distance education systems. Furthermore, the status of e-education in Azerbaijan is provided. The article proposes a structural diagram of the electronic university that is consistent with the specifics of the educational environment in Azerbaijan (pp.51-62).
- Mammadova M.G., Ok N.I. The current state of continuous professional training in Azerbaijan // Labor market and employment, Kiev, No4 (33), 2012, pp.15–21. ipk-dszu.kiev.ua
- Lifelong learning.http://infed.org/mobi/lifelong-learning/
- Mikheeva SA, Svit E.P. Experience and perspectives of the use of e-learning in the educational environment of the Pedagogical University // News of the Russian State Pedagogical University. A.I. Herzen, vol.No 168,2014, pp.122–127.
- Challenges and Disadvantages of E-learning and Distance Learning, 2009, http://compassioninpolitics.wordpress.com/2009/09/26/
- Amanda Reece. Best practices in digital object development for education: Promoting excellence and innovation in instructional quality and assessment // Journal of Learning Design, 2016, vol.9, no.1, pp.80–86.
- MacNeill, Johnston B. The Digital University in the Modern Age: A proposed framework for strategic development // Compass: Journal of Learning and Teaching, 2013, vol.4, no.7. https://journals.gre.ac.uk/index.php/compass/article/view/79/0
- Siemens, Gashevich D., Dawson S. Preparing for the digital university: a review of the history and current state of distance, blended, and online learning. 2015, 234 p. http://linkresearchlab.org/PreparingDigitalUniversity.pdf
- MacNeill, S. and Johnson, B. What is nature of distribution in the digital age? // Journal of Perspectives in Applied Academic Practice, 2015, vol.3, Issue 1, pp.3–5.
- Tapscott, D., and A. Williams. 2010. Innovating the 21st century university: It’s time. EDUCAUSE Review 45 (1):16–29.
- Jones The digital university: A concept in need of a definition. In Literacy in the digital university — Critical perspectives on learning, scholarship and technology, ed. R. Good fellow and M. Lea, London: Routledge, 2013, 162–172.
- The “Digital University”: Discourse, Theory, and Evidence // The International Journal of Learning and Media, 2012, vol. 4, no.3–4, pp.59–63. www.mitpressjournals.orgdoi/pdf/ 10.1162/IJLM
- Elif Yüksel Türkiye’de Uzaktan Eğitim Ve Çalışma Hayatı / International Distance Education Conference 2015 – September 2-4, 2015, St. Petersburg, Rusia, pp. 448–464.
- Tracey, & Richey R. The evolution of distance education.Distance Learning, 2005, 2(6), 17–21.
- The IBM Global Campus (http://ike.engr.washington.edu/igc/)
- The Minnesota Initiative (ot.state.mn.us/)
- Distance educational technologies: projection and implementation of training courses / Under the general. Ed. M. B. Lebedeva, St. Petersburg .: BHV-Petersburg, 2010, 336 p.
- Real Education (realeducation.com/)
- studygs.net/online/The online learning series.html
- Learning Technology Products 2009. Authoring Tools, Learning Management Systems, and Learning Content Management Systems / Brandon Hall Research — Sunnyvale, CA, March 2009. 77. Providing Technological Support to the Swiss Virtual Campus. edutech.ch.
- Jelonek D., Nowick A., and Ziora L. The Application of e-Learning in the Didactic Process at the Faculty of Management in Czestochowa University of Technology. Organization. Tools. Model / Proceedings of Informing Science & IT Education Conference (InSITE), 2014, pp.143-156. http://proceedings.informingscience.org/InSITE2014.pdf
- Al-Taie N. The Effect of Using E-Learning Curriculum And Traditional Classroom Curriculum: Comparison &Merits / Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT), 2013, pp.125–134. http://icit.zuj.edu.jo/icit13/index.html.
- Jelonek D. The Development of Software Agents in e-Learning 3.0 / Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Information Technology (ICIT), 2015, pp.332–340. http://icit.zuj.edu.jo/ICIT15/index.html
- HuangL., Shiu J.H. A User-Centric Adaptive Learning System for E-Learning 2.0 // Educational Technology & Society, 2012, 15(3), pp.214–225.
- Schulmeister Students, Internet, eLearning and Web 2.0. In Looking toward the future of technology - enhanced education: Ubiquitous learning and digital native, ed. M. Ebner and M. Schiefner, Hershey, PA: IGI Global, 2010, pp.13–36.
- Aleshkevich V.A., Klimenko E.V., Sugornaeva S.P. Intellectual web-technologies in education. https://www.scienceforum.ru/2014/pdf/5796.pdf
- O’Reilly Today’s Web 3/0 Nonsense Blogstorm. http://radar.oreilly.com/web3-0.html
- Soon-Hwa K., Ki-SSang S., Se-Young P. Exploring the Technological Factors in SMART Learning Affecting Creativity, Advances in Educational Technologies / Proceedings of the InternationalConference on Education and Modern Educational Technologies (EMET), Greece, 2014, pp.161–166.
- Sivakumar, Vivekanandan K., Arthi B., Sandhya S., Katta V., Incorporating Agent Technology for Enhancing the Effectiveness of E-learning System // IJCSI International Journal of Computer Science, 2011, Issue 3, vol.8 (Online): 1694-0814, www.IJCSI.org 4.
- Jelonek, Chluski A. The role of software agents in distance education // Business Informatics, 2011, no.17, pp.86–93.
- Jennifer Tricoli. Best Practice Guide Converting to a Hybrid Course https://jennifertricoli.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/
- Defining Distance Learning. https://6bells.wordpress.com/2011/01/09/def-distance-learning/
- Meiting Bai. The Rural Distance Education in Primary and Secondary Schools in Gansu. itdl.org/Journal/jul_08/article02.htm
- Labor market. Statistical bulletin, 2016. stat.gov.az
- Mammadova M., Mammadzadeh F. Formation of supply and demand for IT Specialists on the base of competency model / IV International Conference “Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics” (PCI-2012), Vol.IV, sept.12-14, 2012, Baku. pp.199-201
- Research: E-learning in universities in Europe. https://newtonew.com/tech/