SUPPLY AND DEMAND IN IT-SEGMENT OF AZERBAIJAN LABOR MARKET
In this paper, the state of the art situation in the sphere of IT personnel implementation is considered on the basis of the monitoring results of supply and demand in IT-segment of Azerbaijan Labor Market. The problems, reasoning mismatch between the supply and demand on the labor market are displayed. Supply and demand in the IT-segment of labor market from the positions of It-specialists, employers and experts are analyzed. Inflow and outflow of IT-specialists are researched, and the evaluation of IT-specialists who have changed activity field is given (pp.91-106).
Keywords: IT-segment of labor market, supply and demand, sociological poll, outflow of IT-specialists.
DOI : 10.25045/jpit.v07.i2.11
- E-Skills for Jobs in Europe. www.eskills2014.eu
- Skill mismatch Identifying priorities for future research. Cedefop research arena. Thessaloniki, May 2009, 24 p. cedefop.europa.eu/en/Files/6103_en.pdf
- European Vacancy Monitor (EVM). 2012. http://ec.europa.eu/social/main.jsp?catId=955&langId=en
- Wennergren D.M. Forecast of Future IT Labor Supply and Demand. S., 2007. http://dodcio.defense.gov/Home/Initiatives/NetGenerationGuide/ForecastofFutureLaborSupplyandDemand.aspx
- Ticol D. Labour supply/demand dynamics of Canada’s information and communications technology (ICT) sector. Final Report, 2012, 30 p.
- Mammadova M.G., Jabrailova Z.G., Manafli M.I. Monitoring of demand for information technology specialists. Baku: Information Technology, 2009, 199 p.
- IT frames 2010. The number of employment in the Russian economy in 2009 and the forecast for demand of the years 2010-2015 / Analytical Center REAL; Association for Computer and Information Technology. 2010. www.apkit.ru/committees/education/projects/itcadry2010.php
- IT-specialists deficit in 2015 will amount to 170 thousand people. UNIAN. www.unian.net/society/871034-defitsit-it-spetsialistov-v-2015-godu-gosinformnauki.html
- Development Concept “Azerbaijan 2020: Vision into the future” www.president.az/files/future_ru.pdf
- Cattaneo, G., Kolding M., Lifonti R., Hüsing T., Korte W.B. Anticipating the development of the supply and demand of e-skills in Europe 2010– Milan, Bonn: European Commission, 2009. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/ sectors/ict/files/e-skills_foresight_scenarios__2015_en.pdf
- Bartlett W. Skills anticipation and matching systems in transition and developing countries: conditions and challenges //Working paper for the European Training Foundation. www.etf.europa.eu/webatt.nsf/ 0/84E964F6CBD16532C1257AAD0038EC27/$file/Skills.pdf
- Forecast and anticipation for skills demand and supply in ETF partner countries // Working paper for the European Training Foundation, 2013. www.etf.europa.eu
- Mammadova M., Mammadzadeh F. Formation of supply and demand for IT specialists on the base of competency model // IV International Conference Problems of Cybernetics and Informatics (PCI-2012), 12–14 , 2012, Baku, 2012,vol.IV, pp. 199–201. doi:10.1109/icpci.2012.6486486
- Research Study on High-Level Skill Needs in NI ICT Sector. Final Report. Oxford Economics, 2009, 129 p.
- Mammadova M.G., Mammadzadeh F.R. Development of the conceptual foundations of intelligent control of supply and demand in the labor market of information technology specialists. East European Journal of advanced technologies, 2015, No 4/3 (76), pp. 53-67.
- Department for Employment and Learning. Research Study on High-Level Skill Needs in NI ICT Sector. Final Report. Oxford Economics, 2009, 129 p.
- National Strategy for the Development of Information Society in the Republic of Azerbaijan for 2014-2020. www.e-gov.ru/news/
- Mammadova M.G., Mammadzadeh F.R. Object-oriented approach to the definition of the relevance of information technology education market with the demand in the IT specialists market. // Education and science. 2014, No 5, pp. 54-66.
- Mammadova M.G., Mahmudov M.A., Mammadzadeh F.R. Azerbaijan: current issues and technologies for matching supply and demand in the labor market // Proceedings of VI International scientific-practical conference on “Actual problems of professional orientation and vocational training of the population”, Kyiv, November 29-30, 2012, pp. 105-117.
- Mammadova M.G. Continuous vocational training in Azerbaijan // “Labor and social problems” – proceedings of RIC on Labor and Social Issues, 2012, Issue 2 (10), p.6–19.
- Monitoring e-Skills Demand and Supply in Europe. The Evolution of the supply and demand e-skills in Europe” 2010. http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/sectors/ ict/files/e_skills__supply__and__demand_en.pdf
- ROA reports. roa.sbe.maastrichtuniversity.nl/roanew/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/ROA_R_2014_5.pdf
- Annual reports. www.skillsireland.ie/Publications/.
- Mammadova M.G., Mammadzadeh F.R. Qualitative analysis of IT education in Azerbaijan from the supply and demand position // “Work and social problems” - proceedings of RIC on Labor and Social Issues, 2012, Issue 3 (11), pp.6-16.
- More than half of IT professionals do not work on the specialty, acquired in college. https://corp.mail.ru/ru/press/releases/9137/
- The gender aspect in the digital economy. Newsletter №3, 2016. www.hse.ru/data/2016/04/29/1128583015/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%2016.pdf
- Eurostat Year book 2004. The statistical guide to Europe Data 1992-2002. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/5648861/KS-CD-04-001-EN.PDF/05371ffe-c41c-4
- Eurostat Year book 2015. http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/documents/3217494/ 7018888/KS-HA-15-001-EN-N.pdf/6f0d4095-5e7a-4aab-af28-d255e2bcb395