COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF EFFICIENCY OF AODV, DSR AND WRP ROUTING PROTOCOLS IN AD-HOC NETWORKS
Routing protocols yield various outcomes in different situations. Thus far, many scholars investigated existing and recently proposed routing protocols in different environments. Due to increase in the amount of mobile devices and access points, the routing protocols have undergone the performance degradation. The paper analyzes and evaluates three routing protocols based on the node density and node mobility. According to the analysis results, DSR (Dynamic Source Routing) protocol has demonstrated better performance in some cases and values. However, AODV (Ad-hoc On-Demand Distance Vector) routing protocol demonstrated overall better performance than others. (pp. 25-33)
- Chlamtac I., Conti M., Liu J. Mobile ad hoc networking: imperatives and challenges, Ad Hoc Networks 1, 2003, pp.13–64.
- Royer E.M., Toh C.-K. A Review of Current Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks, IEEE Personal Communications, 1999, vol.6, no.2, pp.46–55.
- Jayakumar G., Gopinath G. Ad Hoc Mobile Wireless Networks Routing Protocols – A Review, Journal of Computer Science, 2007, vol.3, no.8, pp.574–582.
- Radwan A.A.A., Mahmoud T.M., Houssein E.H. Evaluation comparison of some ad hoc networks routing protocols, Egyptian Informatics Journal, 2011, vol.12, no.2, pp.95–106.
- Das S.R., Perkins C.E., Royer E.M. Performance Comparison of Two On-demand Routing Protocols for Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE InfoCom, 2000, vol.1, pp.3–12.
- Dyer T.D., Boppana R.V. A Comparison of TCP Performance over Three Routing Protocols for Mobile Ad Hoc Networks, ACM Symposium on Mobile Ad Hoc Networking & Computing (MobiHoc), 2001, pp.56–66.
- Raju J., Garcia-Luna-Aceves J.J. A Comparison of On-Demand and Table Driven Routing for Ad-hoc Wireless Networks, IEEE ICC ’00, 2000, pp.1702-1706.
- Jacquet P., Muhlethaler P., Clausen T., Laouiti A., Qayyum A., Viennot L. Optimized link state routing protocol for AdHoc networks, IEEE Multi Topic Conference, 2001, pp.62–68.
- Murthy, Garcia-Luna-Aceves J.J. Loop-free internet routing using hierarchical routing trees, IEEE INFOCOM, 1997, vol.1, pp.101–108.
- Murthy S., Garcia-Luna J.J. An efficient routing protocol for wireless networks, ACM Mobile Networks and Applications Journal, 1996, pp.183–197.
- Iwata A., Chiang C.C., Pei G., Gerla M., Chen T.W. Scalable routing strategies for ad hoc wireless networks, IEEE Journal of Selected Areas on Communications, 1999, vol.17, no.8, pp.1369–1379.
- Johnson D. B., Maltz D. A. Dynamic Source Routing in Ad Hoc Wireless Networks, Mobile Computing, Kluwer Academic Publisher, 1996, ch.5, pp.153–181
- Perkins C.E., Royer E. Ad-hoc On-Demand Distance Vector Routing, 2nd IEEE Workshop on Mobile Computing & Systems and Applications, 1999, pp.90–100.
- Toh Chai-K. Associativity-Based Routing for Ad-hoc Mobile Networks, Wireless Personal Communication Journal, 1997, vol.4, no.2, pp.103–139
- Peralman M.R., Haas Z.J.Determining the optimal configuration for the zone routing protocol, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, 1999, vol.17, no.8, pp.1395–1414.
- Johnson B.D., Maltz A.D., Broch J. A Self-stabilizing Link-Cluster Algorithm in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks,8th International Symposium on Parallel Architectures, Algorithms, and Networks, 2005, pp. 436–441.
- Rajaj L., et.al. GloMoSim: A Scalable Network Simulation Environment, Technical Report, No. 990027, Computer Science Dept., UCLA, 1999.