RECOGNITION OF HUMAN BASED ON VASCULAR PATTERNS AND DEVELOPMENT OF RECOGNITION SYSTEM
Recognition of person basing on his vascular patterns is one of the newest methods of the biometric recognition systems. Many studies have been conducted in this field recently. The article proposes solution for a compelling factor in vascular recognition system. The research is focused on solving the problem of reduced quality of recognition due to the swelling of persons vessels when the hand of a person is exposed to load. As a results of carrying heavy loads for long periods the veins of the hand of a person is swelling. In this case, problems in hand vein recognition may arise. In this article, the method is proposed for solving these problems. (pp. 79-86)
Keywords: Vein Recognition, Identification, Authentication, Vascular Pattern, Vascular Network.
DOI : 10.25045/jpit.v07.i1.10
- Shan S. Finger vein recognition technology, Master Thesis, electronic and computer training. Institute of Science and Technology, Firat University, Elazig, 2013, pp. 29–31.
- Chellappa, Wilson CL, Sirohey S. Human and machine recognition of faces: A survey / Proceedings of the IEEE, 1995, vol83, No.5, pp. 705–740.
- With the hand vascular pattern recognition methods Frugal H. ARTIFICIAL intelligence. Master Thesis, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Selcuk University, Institute of Science, Konya, 2011, pp. 22–26.
- Miura N., A. Nagasaka, Miyatake T. Feature extraction of finger-vein patterns based on personal identification // Repeated line tracking and its application to Machine Vision and Applications, 2004, vol15, No.4, pp. 194–203.
- Ma, Y. Wang and Tan T. Gabor Iris recognition based on Multichannel Filtering / The 5th Asian Conference on Computer Vision, 2002, pp. 279–283.
- Soni, Phalguni M., Robust Vein Pattern Recognition System //-based Journal of Computers, 2012, vol.7, no.11, pp. 2711–2718.
- Lakshmi DC, Kandaswamy A. An Algorithm for Improved Accuracy of fusion through the Multiple Feature Sets Unimodal Biometric Systems // ICGST-GVIP Journal, 2009, vol9, no.3, pp. 33–40.
- Maltoni D., D. Maio, Jain, A., Prabhakar S. Handbook of Fingerprint Recognition. Springer Science & Business Media, 2009, 494 с.
- Rafael Ç.G., Richard EW Digital Image Processing. Tom Robbins, 2002, p. 190.
- Wang, Leedham C.G. A Thermal Hand Vein Pattern Verification System / Proc. Of the 3rd International conferenceon Advences's Pattern Recognition (ICAPR 2005), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol3687 // Springer, 2005, Part 2, pp. 58–63.
- Soni, Gupta S, Rao MS, Gupta P. A New Vein Pattern-based Verification System // International Journal of Computer Science and Information Security, 2010, vol8, no.1, pp. 58–63.
- Wang, Leedham Ç.G. Near and Far-infrared Vein Pattern for Imaging Biometrics / Proc of the IEEE International Conference on Advanced Video and Signal Based Surveillance (AVSS06), 2006, pp.58–63.
- Scott P. Hand Geometry Based Vein Biometry, Computer Engineering Graduate Program in Computer Engineering // Bahcesehir University, Istanbul, 2012, pp. 58–66.