QUEUING MODEL FOR INFORMATION SECURITY MONITORING SYSTEMS
A model of queuing is proposed for the modeling of incidents handling process in the information security management system. Incident handling process is described by the model of M/G/1, which is carried out as mixed-priority services, and analytic expressions of the average waiting time are given for three priority classes, which are the absolute, relative and without priority modes of service. The model is proposed for the evaluation of the efficiency of the performance of the processing of information security incidents by including the penalty functions basing on the characteristics of the probabilities. (pp. 28-32)
- Gnedenko B.V., Kovalenko I.N. Introduction to queuing theory, M.: Publishing House of LKI, 2007, 400 p.
- Kleinrock L. Computing queues: trln. from Eng. M.: Mir, 1979, 600 p.
- Shikhaliyev R.G. On the methods of QoS monitoring and management of computer networks // Problems of Information Technology, 2013, No.1, pp.15-23.
- Kumar S., Bhandari A., Sangal A. L. Comparison of Queuing Algorithms against DDoS Attack // International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, 2011, vol.2, pp.1574–1580.
- Hedayati M., Kamali S.H., Izadi A.S. Notice of retraction the monitoring of the network traffic based on queuing theory and simulation In heterogeneous network environment / International Conference on Information and Multimedia Technology, 2009, 396–402.
- Ariba Y., Gouaisbaut F., Rahme S., Labit Y. Traffic monitoring in transmission control protocol/active queue management networks through a time-delay observer // Control Theory & Applications, 2012, vol. 6, no. 2, pp.506–517.
- Saha Ray S., Sahoo P. Monitoring of network traffic based on queuing theory / National technology institute of Rourkela, 2011, pp.30.
- Kammas P., Komninos T., Stamatiou Y.C. Queuing theory based models for studying intrusion evolution and elimination in computer networks/ Fourth International Conference on Information Assurance and Security, 2008, pp.167–171.
- Yang W., Chuang L., Quan-Lin L., Yuguang F. A queueing analysis for the denial of service (DoS) attacks in computer networks // IEEE Transactions on Network and Service Management, 2011, vol.9, no.1, pp.12–21.
- Shikhaliyev R.G. Improving the efficiency of the monitoring of computer networks based on the polling system optimization // Problems of Information Technologies, 2015, No.8, pp. 576–584.
- Jan van Bon (ed.). Foundations of ITIL V3. 1st edition. Van Haren Publishing, 2007, 350
- Khrustalev Yu.P. Modelling of queuing systems. Irkutsk State Technical University, 2007, pp. 116.
- Imamverdiyev Y.N. An information security incident prioritization method / 7th Int-l Conf. on Application of Information and Communication Technologies (AICT’2013), 09-11 Oct. 2013, Baku, pp.183–187.