CALCULATION CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SELF-SIMILAR TRAFFIC APPROXIMATED BY THE WEIBULL DISTRIBUTION
The article studies the methods to improve the accuracy of calculation of the characteristics of service quality in the networks with self-similar traffic through more precise location Hurst coefficient depending on the parameters of Weibull distribution form. Since the self-similar traffic (time interval between the requests) best describes the Weibull distribution, it is provided a new formula for the calculation of the self-similarity coefficient of traffic. The calculation of the characteristics of service quality can be performed based on the Norros formula, which is valid for the model fBM/D/1/∞. (pp. 23-27)
Keywords: telecommunication systems and networks, calculation and projecting methods, self-similar traffic, Weibull distribution
DOI : 10.25045/jpit.v07.i1.03
- Lozhkovskiy A.G. Comparative analysis of the methods for calculating the characteristics of quality of service in the self-similar flows in the network / A.G.Lozhkovskiy // Modelling and іnformation technologies: ST. Sciences. pr. ІPME IM. G.E. Pukhov National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, K., 2008, No 47, pp.187–193.
- Lozhkovskiy A.G., Verbanov O.V., Kaptur V.A., Kolchar V.M. Mathematical model of packet traffic // Bulletin of the National Technical University “KPI”, 2011, No 9, pp.113–119.
- Lozhkovskiy A.G., Hanifayev R.A. Estimation of the parameters of quality of service of self-similar traffic through entropy method // Naukovі pratsі ONAZ O.S.Popov, 2008, No 1, pp. 57–62.
- Lozhkovskiy A.G., Verbanov O.V. Modeling of the multiservice packet networks traffic with the estimation of its self-similarity coefficient // Collection Naukova Pratzen ONAZI O.S. Popov, 2014, No 1, pp.70–76.
- Norros Ilkka. A storage model with self-similar input, Queuing Systems, 1994, vol.16, no.3, pp.387-396.
- Krylov V.V., Samokhvalova S.S. Teletraffic Theory and Its Applications. SPb.: BHV-Petersburg, 2005, p.288.
- Mandelbrot B. Fractal Geometry of Nature // Computing in mathematics, physics, biology; translated from English by Mandelbrot B., M.: Publishing House of the Institute of Computer Studies, 2002, p.655.
- Lozhkovskiy A.G., Salmanov N.S., Verbanov O.V. Modelling of a multi-service system with queuing // Eastern European Journal of advanced technologies, 2007, No 3/6 (27), pp.72–76.