DIGITAL ON-AIR BROADCASTING SYSTEM’S NOISE IMMUNITY LEVEL ESTIMATION METHOD, BASED ON CONSTELLATION DIAGRAM IMAGES OFDM
In digital terrestrial TV broadcasting is necessary to periodically monitor the quality of the digital signal in monitoring systems for digital television transmitters. Research in this area signals the following fact. During the normal operation of the transmitter, its MER should not fall below 35 dBm / µV. However, there are cases when, at the nominal MER level, there is no television image. This is due to GPS desynchronization of the reference signal of the transmitter, and it directly affects the final image on the television receiver. To establish this fact, it is necessary to analyze the image of the star chart of the OFDM signal. The proposed method allows to assess the level of noise immunity based on the images of the constellations COFDM. This method can be used to assess the quality of the final television image in the digital terrestrial TV broadcasting (pp.34-40).
- Konroev A. Features of digitally modulated channel parameters measurement, 2010, Telesputnik №9, pp. 14–20.
- ETSI EN 302 755 V1.1.1 (2009–09) European Standard (Telecommunications series) Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Frame structure channel coding and modulation for a second generation digital terrestrial television broadcasting system (DVB–T2).
- Kamenskiy A.V., Malanin M.U. Kuryachiy M.I. Measurement of television images resolution with using of software // Optoelectronic devices and devices in pattern recognition systems, image processing and character information. Recognition, 2015, Kursk, 12–16 may 2015, materials of XII International Scientific and Technical Conference. 2015: Southwestern State University (Kursk), pp. 235–237.
- Imatest Documentation by Norman Koren. www.imatest.com/docs/ (date of the application: 07.04.2018).
- Sidelnikov A., Stoukatch O., Hudeev R., Intelligent Noise Reduction Algorithm and Software Proceedings, The IEEE-Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON-2003), October 1-2 2003,Tomsk, 2003, pp. 87–88.
- Digital Video and Audio Broadcasting Technology: A Practical Engineering Guide. Springer Science & Business Media, 2010, 827 p.
- Popov A., Kuryachiy M., Kapustin V. Improvement of noise immunity level for digital on-air video broadcasting systems Proceedings, IEEE 2015 International Siberian Conference on Control and Communications (SIBCON-2015), May 21−23, 2015.
- Digital Video and Audio Broadcasting Technology. A Practical Engineering Guide. Fischer, 2010, XXVII, 800 p.